Sunday, September 9, 2012

One Very Happy Nordavinden Owner


I wanted to let you how happy, thrilled even, I am with my Nordavinden. I am primarily a distance rider, but also do a whole lot of riding in a rough (dockside) urban environment. My Nordavinden is zippy, "sure-footed", corners like a dream on gravely pavement and to me, has the road bike snap. She certainly isn't sluggish! 

I LOATHE THE hills and bridges, but dutifully took her up a couple of steepish bridges and felt pretty dang good and fast enough which was quite nice!

As far as aesthetics, I am an artist professionally and love the icy blue paint and Nordic touches. I find her very pleasing. So just wanted to say thanks for your lovely bike. She is a winning combination of aesthetics and function which makes my artist/cyclist self very, very happy!!

I am listing my build components in case you are interested. 

Brakes: Grand Cru long reach
Pedals, Shimano PD-M324 Clipless/Clip Pedals
Headset: Grand Cru threadless
Crank: Velo Orange Triple w/ 24 inner 170mm
Rims: Open Pro Mavics w Ultegra Hub 32 spokes from Peter White
Tires: Grand Bois tires
Saddle: Selle Anatomica
Front derailer: Triple
Rear derailer: Shimano Deore
Brake levers: TRP Tektro RRL brake levers
Handlebars: Nitto Mark's
Shifters: bar end friction shifters from Rivendell
Seat post: Nitto Crystal
Bottom bracket: Grand Cru English Thread
Cassettes: 8 speed